Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

ABC Quilt



Look at this adorable project I saw when I went to work in my classroom, an ABC quilt our summer school students made!! It is a quick, easy, effective instructional strategy. Students search through magazines and cut out pictures to glue onto construction paper; one piece of paper per letter. After the pages are full, glue onto a big piece of butcher paper and make a quilt (don't forget to talk about how quilt starts with Q, duh!)

When I taught pre-k I kicked this idea up a notch and assigned a little homework assignment to the kiddo's. They would be assigned a letter and then be asked to bring a picture of something that started with that letter. A magazine cutout, sticker, really anything that could be glued to a piece of paper. This increased learning because they needed parental support for this activity and anytime you hooked parents, you increase achievement. Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment