Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

The First Grade Parade: Vocabulary Can Be Fun, Too!

The First Grade Parade: Vocabulary Can Be Fun, Too!



First Grade Parade is one of my FAVORITE blogs!! She is so fun and has amazing ideas and this vocabulary idea is no different. Vocabulary is something I feel I could work on. I hate having kids simply look up words in the dictionary and write down the meanings. I want them to really work with the words. I want them to use the words in their own writing and conversations. However, it's challenging to find easy, vocabulary instructional strategies that don't require a ton of prep-work. I'm always on the look-out though and this is a quick, easy, and effective strategies for increasing student vocabulary. The only materials you need are a book, chart paper, and markers. How cool and easy is that!! I will definitely be trying out this strategy this year and will post about it when I do. Happy Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment