Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

2D Shapes in 2nd Grade: Practice with "I Have, Who Has" Game and Polygon Riddles

Hello everyone!! January is flying by!! I just can't believe it. Anyhoo, we just finished up a 2d shape unit with is always a hit. "I Have, Who Has?", or loop game, is one of my favorite practice games. I made this little 2d shape game and my kiddos loved it. I made sure they used our 2nd grade math vocabulary, quadilateral instead of diamond, but it's great for ELL kids with colors too. About 25% of my class is ELL so I try to throw in any extra vocabulary practice I can. It's an old file so it is not yet updated with my new store name, etc. . . but over the summer I hope to update all my old files with my new information. Snag this game for $1.50 in my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Here is the link I Have, Who Has 2d Shape Game



I also want to share one of my FAVORITE math websites and another fun activity we did within our 2d Shape Unit. The website is http://www.k-5mathteachingresources.com/ It is full of FREE math activities for K-5, all aligned to Common Core. It has literature connections and some paid products, such as their Math Journals which I use and love. This activity though was free and my kiddos loved it. My Polygon Riddle is where students pick a polygon, build it on a Geoboard, and then write clues to help a partner guess their shape. They loved guessing each other's polygons!! This activity is hands-on, incorporates vocabulary, and is a great formative assessment opportunity. I will take some photo of my students work later this week, but please check out this activity as well as all the other great things this website has to offer.



Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment